Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Sweet Tooth

My love for baking and everything sweet started at a young age. Growing up my Grandma had a very successful cake decorating business. I can remember the smell of her house with the delicious cakes cooling on the kitchen table and the wonderful taste of her homemade icing as I took too many licks from the mixing bowl. My Grandma has taught me a lot of the skills I use today and one Christmas a few years ago I received an amazing gift; she graciously gave me her cake decorating supplies. My kitchen quickly became covered with flour and powdered sugar but soon began to take on the wonderful smells I remembered from my childhood. I started to become more confident in my baking and began filling orders of my own. Two years ago this month I hosted a Sweet Tooth Saturday. My family and friends gathered to taste many cake flavors, icings and fillings. It was a day full of laughter and of course a cure for our sweet tooth. So stop by on Saturday's where I will share recipes, photos and adventures of wherever my sweet tooth will take me.
Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments: