Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pilgrim Hat ~ Cut-out Cookies

Thanksgiving is almost here! Bring on the turkey, ham, stuffing, ::wear stretchy pants:: mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans casserole, ::wear stretchy pants:: rolls, cranberry sauce, coleslaw...oh ya dessert!::definitely wear stretchy pants:: Like I forgot the desserts...no no, they are my favorite part.

Don't forget to wear stretchy pants. Nothing is more uncomfortable than a growing waistline in button pants, just saying.

 I will be making some pies to take to my Aunt and Uncles this year. I also thought some cookies would be fun as well. When I think of Thanksgiving cut-out cookies I think of the norm...turkeys and pumpkins. How about some pilgrim hats and acorns?! So I was pretty excited with myself when I thought of the pilgrim hat idea. Take your witches hat cookie cutter and cut the tip off. Walla! Pilgrim hats :)

I decided to give royal icing a try. I buy the packet from my local cake supply. All you have to add is water and mix. Then I added almond extract and the coloring.

First I outlined the cookies with the stiff royal icing.
Then you water down the icing and pour it in the outline. I used a squeeze bottle. This is also great for kids to help with. Very easy with the squeeze bottle.
Let dry and enjoy your witches hats turned pilgrim.

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday and Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh~ They are adorable and so fitting for this wonderful holiday.

Looks like you have a great helper too!