Friday, July 6, 2012

Beach Bound

I am beach bound!!! Here in a few hours we are headed to the beach. I am so excited, I have a very deep love for the sand, the waves and the sun. What a great combo. We will be driving about 11 hours. That can get trying at times so what better to sweeten the mood than some oatmeal raisin cookies. They are one of my favorites! So among the packing and cleaning and more packing and more cleaning I found time to make cookies :)

I secretly wanted to play with my mixer...I'll be gone from her for a whole week...I know it's heart breaking.


I should let you all in on a little secret. I am obsessed with my mixer and the color...Ice. I want everything to be that color. My walls, my furniture, my car, even clothing. My boyfriend and I went shopping yesterday for a few things before vacation and I was trying to talk him into getting a shirt in that color! It's an addiction. Should I be worried?


OK back to the cookies. I use the Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe. You can find it here: http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/recipes/recipe-detail.aspx?recipeId=474



I may have added a few more raisins...mmmmm. I love this recipe. It is easy, quick and very yummy. People always have great compliments when I make them. You should try them out for your Sweet Tooth Saturday! Stop by next Saturday for a sweet adventure you will not believe.

No comments: