Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dot Candy

Today I am bringing it back to my childhood. I was inspired from my adventure to ItSugar...it's kind of hard not to be, that place was amazing!

We all remember this fun candy from our childhood. Paper and all :)


Here is an easy version on how to make your own.

You will need freezer paper, royal icing mix, food coloring, ziploc bags, grid paper and a black marker.


The part that makes this simple is the royal icing mix. Which you can find at your local cake supply store or Michaels.

First start by mixing the royal icing by following the directions on the bag. You want to mix until it is stiff and not runny.


Next color your icing. I used neon food coloring.


Then fill your ziploc bags. I found that if you place the bag in a glass it is MUCH easier to fill...only looking out for your best interest :)


Now we are ready to dot! To make the grid I used a grid I had as a guide. If you do not have grid paper you can make your own template. The dots are an inch apart in both directions. I did 8 across and 11 down. Then I cut the paper in half. You will want to make your black marker dots on the shinny side of the freezer paper. Then turn over and dot away!


This was a lot of fun and could be great for any occasion. You could even color coordinate for sporting events or your kids birthday party favors. The list can go on and on.

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday...don't eat too much paper :)

Update:


My friend Brandelle (Hi Brandelle!) had a sweet tooth and wanted some dot candy. See the packaging can be a lot of fun too. I ended up making the sheets smaller and the dots closer together. I think it came out better than the first time.

No comments: