Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cracker Jack

"Take me out to the ball game take me out to the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and CRACKER JACKS"!

Today we are in West Virginia watching my cousins baseball game and I brought along Homemade Cracker Jack :)

Here's how I made it.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 cup peanuts
4 tsp olive oil
4 Tbs unsalted butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs molasses
1/2 tsp salt

Brown paper bags
Tape

Add kernels and olive oil to brown bag and tape shut.
Pop in microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Add in peanuts.
In a sauce pan melt the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses and salt.
Add to popcorn and stir to combined.
Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Stirring a few times while baking.
Let air dry and stir frequently.

Bag up for the big game. Go Crusaders!!!

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So nice and yummy!