Friday, December 20, 2013

Brownie Santa Hats & Cookies in a Jar

Hi sweet toothers! Santa is almost here!!! Today we are celebrating Christmas at my parents. I told my mom I would bring the dessert. I was originally going to bring a ho ho cake. Where you take chocolate cake and roll it with a white frosting center and top with chocolate ganache. Mmmmm yep sounds yummy...turned into a disaster!!! My cake crumbled all over the place, there was no rolling going on here :(. Oh well, improvise right? Right! I saw this idea on Pintrest as I'm sure many of you have. Bake your brownies, cut out with a small circle cookie cutter and top with frosting and strawberries...Perfect and oh so cute!





This year I am also giving some homemade gifts. What better than a jar of cookie mix! All they have to do is add butter, eggs and vanilla.
There are many many sites online with many many recipes to choose from. Did I say many???

I hope you have had a fun holiday baking season and have tried some of these yummy and cute ideas.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

No comments: