Saturday, December 14, 2013

Mail from Grandma ~ Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Hello everyone! Can you believe only 11 days til Christmas!!! My baking is in full swing and today I am sharing with you another one of my childhood favorites. Grandma sent me the recipe and they turned out perfect!
Mail from Grandma
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Try it out for your holiday cookie tray! They taste like brownies...mmmm!

 1/2 Cup  OIL
  4 Squares  BAKERS CHOCOLATE -- MELTED IN DOUBLE BOILER
  2 Cups  GRANULATED SUGAR
  4 Eggs
  2 Teaspoons  VANILLA
  3 Cups  FLOUR
  2 Teaspoons  BAKING POWDER
  1/2 Teaspoon  SALT'

MIX OIL AND SUGAR TOGETHER. ADD EGGS THEN THE CHOCOLATE, VANILLA, FLOUR,
BAKING POWDER AND SALT. MIX WELL. ROLL IN BALLS IN
HANDS, THEN IN POWDER SUGAR. KEEP SMALL SO THEY PUFF UP. IF MADE TOO LARGE -WILL FLATTEN. PLACE ON COOKIE SHEET. BAKE APPROXIMATELY 10-15 MINUTES IN A 350 DEGREE OVEN. IF BAKED TOO LONG, WILL HARDEN. COOL SLIGHTLY BEFORE REMOVING FROM PAN.




Look how awesome they look all "crinkled" :)
Tip: I chilled my dough before I rolled it into balls. It was very sticky and hard to roll. Chilling it help a lot. 

Enjoy and Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday! 
~ Thanks Grandma for another great recipe!

No comments: