Sunday, March 3, 2013

Brown Butter Banana Cupcakes

What day is it??? Saturday? Sunday? That just goes to show you how busy my weekend was. Well happy Sweet Tooth Saturday/Sunday everyone!

This past week was my friend Makenzie's birthday. We had a little celebration at work. I wanted to do something special and unique for her. I also wanted to challenge myself a little with my baking.

Makenzie and her boyfriend have beehives they take care of and she always has awesome stories to tell about their experiences with the bees. I decided I was going to do something with beehives, honey and bees. I stumbled across this wonderful sounding recipe by Zoe Francois. You all need to check out her blog. She is an awesome and very talented baker and artisan. 

Brown Butter Banana Cake & Honey Buttercream
Zoe made a very cute beehive cake. I decided to make mini beehive cupcakes(easier to grab and eat at work). This recipe is a great one and SO delicious. 


See you all next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't you clever! They look wonderful.