Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes...Buckeye Style

I don't know about you but I am a huge college football fan. Most importantly a Buckeye fanatic. I think maybe it was instilled in me from birth, what do you think?...
My mom was gracious enough to share this with me from our family photo archives. She did ask if my blog post was about how to make homemade sausage. I said no no. Even though I am sweetly stuffed into this Ohio State outfit today's post is a subtle ode to a buckeye fan. 

Today's game day line up:

Mini Chocolate Cupcakes

Peanut Butter Filling

Chocolate Ganache

The game plan:

First bake mini chocolate cupcakes of your choice. I used a boxed mix and baked them for 10 mins at 350.

Next make your peanut butter filling.  In a mixer beat a 1/2 cup of softened butter and 1 cup creamy peanut butter. When smooth add in a Tbs of vanilla extract. Then alternately add in 2 cups confectioners sugar and 3 Tbs of milk. You want the filing to be light and fluffy. 

Once the cupcakes are cooled cut out the center and fill with the peanut butter filling. Press the part of the cupcake you cut out back on top.




Now for the the final play. The chocolate ganache topping.

Bring 1 cup heavy cream to a boil. Once boiling pour onto 12oz of chocolate and stir until smooth. Put the ganache in the refrigerator to cool.



Once the chocolate is cooled spread over cupcakes and adorn with a few "scarlet" sprinkles. 

I feel this sneaky play on a "buckeye candy" is sure to be a game day winner!

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday & Go Bucks!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what is more of a treat; the baby picture or "buckeye candy". Adorable picture and yummy treat!

I love the Bucks too and would love to have buckeye candy !!!