Saturday, September 8, 2012

Strawberry Cake

This weekend I had an order to make a birthday cake. It was 1/2 white cake and 1/2 strawberry. I just have to share my strawberry cake recipe with you. It is sooooo yummy, if I do say so myself :). I wish someone would invent smell vision so you could take in the amazing aromas of this cake while viewing the pictures. I guess the pictures will have to do for now. I recommend making it asap though.


Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 (3oz) package of strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs (room temperature)
2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 whole cup milk, room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberriers

Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour your pan.

In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy.





Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.  Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk.




Blend in the vanilla and the strawberry puree.

Add to pan and bake for 25-30 mins.

Then decorate your cake. The little girl wanted strawberry short cake on her cake. How fitting! I secretly wanted to cut a piece of the cake and fill the spot with paper towels and ice over it. HeHe...don't worry I didn't.


Happy Sweet Strawberry Saturday :) 



No comments: