Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cream Puffs

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday everyone! Today we were having my boyfriends parents over for dinner to celebrate his mom's birthday and we needed a birthday treat. I was at a loss for what to make. I didn't want to do the typical cake, cupcakes and cookies because I have already done that for them. So I had to ask what her all time favorite dessert was...Cream Puffs. This worked out great for me because I always like to try something new. I did not have a recipe so I searched online and All Recipes had great reviews of one.




I mixed the above ingredients and then placed it in a ziplock bag so the cream puffs would be easy to fill later.


Put the ziplock bag in the refrigerator to chill.



Bring the water, butter and salt to a boil as shown above. Then stir in the flour.


Its ok if you get it everywhere :)

Add the dough to the stand mixture and immediately add the eggs and mix on medium speed until the dough sticks to the sides. I decided to add a tsp of vanilla to the dough so it didn't have such and eggy taste.


Place the mixture by the spoonful on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 mins at 425 degrees.


When they are done take out and poke with a tooth pick.


Once cooled cut a slit in the bottom and fill with filling. Drizzle with chocolate for a finishing touch.



MMMMMMMMMMMM!

Check out the link for the full recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-puffs/



4 comments:

Unknown said...

These look so good, and you are brave to try something new for your boyfriend's mom!

Unknown said...

OMG! These sound delicious; I wish I was there to taste them. I think I can smell them through my computer!!!

Unknown said...

You are amazing.....these look wonderful.

Jen said...

Thank you! They were pretty tasty. Wish you all were closer and could sample :)