Saturday, September 22, 2012

Classy Chocolatey Goodness

Sorry for the late post but today was a very special Sweet Tooth Saturday. Today we celebrated my mom's birthday with dinner and of course a lovely dessert. Again I didn't want to do the traditional cake & cupcakes. I had to think...I would describe my mom as a very classy lady who has the biggest sweet tooth I know. She seriously would have been content with candy for dinner...and breakfast and lunch the next day. She does have a love for chocolate. So lets see we have Classy & Chocolate. I thought lets put the dessert in some classy, fun glasses. Next I layered them with some chocolatey goodness. Follow the steps below...

1. Crumble chocolate cake in the bottom of the glasses.

2. Top with a whipped chocolate ganache. To achieve this boil 1 cup heavy whipping cream and pour over 12oz semi sweet chocolate. Let chill and then whip with an electric mixer.


3. Top ganache with marshmallow fluff.
4. Sprinkle a little more chocolate cake on top.
5. Finish with whipped cream.
6. Add sprinkles to the birthday girl's.
7. Try not to eat too fast...mmmmmmmm!

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday & Happy Birthday Mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so "sweet"; and of course the dessert was fabulous!
Love you,
mom

Unknown said...

Awe this is sooo nice.

:)

Nancy