Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mail from Grandma ~ White Chocolate Amaretto Frosting

Hi everyone. I hope your new year is off to a great start! Today I am going to introduce a new idea I have for my blog this year...

Mail from Grandma

My Grandma is always sending me magazine clippings, recipes and more. She will be sending us sweet inspirations once a month. Who doesn't like to get mail?! Stop by every month to see what Grandma will send us! 

What did Grandma send today?
Cupcake ideas from the Southern Living December 2011 magazine.

Wow these look delicious! After reading all the yummy recipes I decided to make today's post all about the frosting. This one sounded so yummy to me...

White Chocolate Amaretto Frosting

Ingredients:
8oz white chocolate
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup butter softened
6 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup amaretto liqueur 
 Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a microwaveable safe bowl. In 30 second intervals. Once melted let cool to room temperature. 

Mix together the butter and one cup of the powdered sugar on low speed until combined. 

Alternate the last 5 cups of powdered sugar with the 1/4 cup of Amaretto. Once combined add in the chocolate and mix until smooth.


It may be hard to see but I tinted my frosting blue like my mixer :). I decided to decorate my cupcakes a little different from the magazine article.

So I baked chocolate cupcakes and I have "ice blue" frosting. Hmmm...let's make some snowflakes!

To achieve this I took melted white chocolate and placed it in a zip lock bag and drew my snowflakes on freezer paper. I also sprinkled them with sugar crystals. FYI...only cut off a very small corner of the bag, like microscopic. You do not want the chocolate to puddle out everywhere. 

Time to decorate!


I even had a snowflake plate my mom gave me! She always finds the cutest stuff.


Thanks for the mail Grandma!

Happy Sweet Tooth Saturday everyone.

No comments: