Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mini Neapolitan Cakes

Hello, looks like another Sweet Tooth Tuesday(life just got in my way again)... Today is my friend Makenzie's Birthday and yesterday we brought in treats to work for her.

Do you ever have left over batter or other ingredients and wonder what to do with them? It would be such a shame to throw out all those delicious ingredients. Well, I had some left over cake batter from a previous order and thought I would create something fun with it.

 
Mini Neapolitan Cakes
Ingredients:
leftover cake batter
leftover frosting
candy coated chocolate balls
 
Chocolate Ganache:
12oz chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
 
*Bring cream to a boil and pour over chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Let cool at room temperature.
 
 
First bake your leftover batter in a thin layer. I had chocolate, strawberry and white cake batter left. I used parchment paper to easily remove the cakes. I baked them at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
Once cooled use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out your layers.

Use your leftover frosting to stack the layers. Just a thin layer of frosting.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the cakes to cover. I took my knife and swiped up the sides in small sections to give it some detail.
Adorn with a frosting star and a candy coated chocolate or what ever your heart desires. :)
I enjoy trying to create new little desserts. I hope you do too.

Happy Sweet Tooth Tuesday...hopefully I can be on the ball and post this Saturday again...fingers crossed :)




No comments: