Sunday, March 16, 2014

St.Patrick's Day Fun ~ Green Rice Crispy Treats with Rainbow Sprinkles

Hi everyone! So Mr. Mr. and I had some fun in the kitchen for St.Patty's day. This kid loooooves marshmallows! Marshmallow could probably be his middle name :). So I thought lets make some homemade rice crispy treats and tint them green for St.Patty's day.
Ingredients:3Tbsp butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
A few drops of green food coloring
6 cups of rice crispy cereal
Melting chocolate
Rainbow sprinkles

First we started my melting the butter and marshmallows on low heat.
A little marshmallows for the pan, a little marshmallows for Mr. Mr....finally we got them all in. Then we added the green food coloring.
He is such a good helper. He asked me the one day if I thought he would be a good baker when he grows up :). Sooo CUTE!

Once it is all combined remove it from the heat and add in the rice crispy cereal. I didn't have the official rice crispy cereal but I had puffed brown rice instead. Still worked great!
Sorry a little blurry... Action shot! Stir to combined everything then spread into a lined 13x9 pan. I used freezer paper and sprayed the paper with cooking spray. I also sprayed my spatula so I could spread it around evenly.
Let cool. Once cool we cut them into bars and dipped the corners in melted chocolate then decorated them with rainbow sprinkles. So festive. I hope the Leprechauns don't eat them! Had a blast in the kitchen with Mr. Mr. :)
Happy St.Patrick's Day!


1 comment:

Terry said...

I had some of these. Very tasty treat Jen and Mr. Mr.